Thomas Dixon 80 pages softcover
This book consolidates in one place the major elements of data about the Electro-Motive Division E7 and E8 model diesel passenger locomotives used by the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway during the period 1946-1971. The Pere Marquette Railway received the first E7s to power its new streamlined Pere Marquette trains in October 1946. These were followed by more E7s purchased under C&O management after the merger of the lines in June 1947. When the previously steam-oriented C&O decided to dieselize its passenger trains in 1951-1953 it purchased a fleet of 31 E8s. The ex-PM E7s were eventually transferred to the B&O and E8s ran all of the C&O's service until 1971.