In Great American Short Lines and Regionals DVD,
you will get an exclusive overview of short line railroads with the
American Short Line & Regional Railroad Association, the industry
trade group, and industry experts like the president of the American
Short Line & Regional Railroad Association and Trains columnist Bill
• Iowa Traction, America’s last electric freight line.
We will visit interesting short lines including:
• SMS Rail Lines, home of the largest collection of Baldwin diesels still in use.
• Rock Island, an iconic Midwestern railroad reborn as a Mississippi short line.
• Reading & Northern, a Northeastern regional powerhouse.
• Everett Railroad, Wisconsin & Southern, Delaware-Lackawanna, Western New York & Pennsylvania, and Pickens.
• Plus quick shots of 30+ short lines and regionals.